[Dixielandjazz] Stan Freberg

Bill Dendle bdendle at winfirst.com
Sat Mar 3 14:44:08 PST 2007

I have since recalled, with the help of a lot of coffee and the passage of
the day, that the story was actually from Stan Freberg's autobiography, and
that Rick Fay and Jackie Coon were both tickled at seeing their names in the
book. I was enjoying their company at the LA Sweet and Hot Jazz Festival at
the time they related the tale to me. Eddie Erickson and I were appearing as
a duo then, and got a great deal of pleasure out of watching Rick and Jackie
together. They had been friends since they were teenagers, and were both
around 70 at the time. I remember commenting to Eddie that in twenty years,
those two older men laughing it up would be we. Only ten years to go...

And, of course, there has not, to my knowledge, ever been a famous "Red
Roxx" unless of course, he is a typo too.

-
Message: 9