[Dixielandjazz] Stan Freberg

Don Robertson jdrobertson at att.net
Fri Mar 2 08:45:35 PST 2007

pat ladd wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> on the recomendation of someone on the list I bought Freberg`s `United States of America` on CD.  I think its hilarious.

Pat,did you get part 1 or part 2? or both?
I had the original on LP and later got the CD of part 2.  I was
disappointed in part 2, just not as funny IMO.
I had played part 1 when my kids were growing up.  To this day my son
(now 45) and I trade lines from it.  Like: "What was that?"  "French
horns".  I especially liked Yankee Doodle, with the hip and the square
drummer.  "Hey man I thought we were doing like the Officers' Club gig,
not up here with the cannons"

Don Robertson
Napa, CA