[Dixielandjazz] Stan Freberg

pat ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Fri Mar 2 02:38:06 PST 2007

Hi All,

on the recomendation of someone on the list I bought Freberg`s `United States of America` on CD.  I think its hilarious.

Was this only a sound   production or was it on TV?. If it is on Video or DVD I  would certainly like to get my hands on a copy.The dialogue is really smart and the musical arrangements are superb. The sleeve notes say `A musical Review made for stereo` so I don`t hold out much hope. but does anyone know differently.

I would love to see a stage presentation. Imagine what Mel Brooks would make of it? His film of `The Producers` with Zero Mostel has long been a favourite of mine but  I have recently seen his new production , on stage, in London and the beefed up version of `Springtime for Hitler` with parachutists dropping from the flies is a real showstopper.

Frebergs show plus Brooks staging would be something to see.

Cheers

Pat