[Dixielandjazz] Stan Freberg

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Fri Mar 2 22:23:50 PST 2007

 pat ladd wrote:

> on the recomendation of someone on the list I bought Freberg`s `United
> States of America` on CD.  I think its hilarious.
>
> Was this only a sound   production or was it on TV?. If it is on Video or
> DVD I  would certainly like to get my hands on a copy.The dialogue is
> really smart and the musical arrangements are superb. The sleeve notes say
> `A musical Review made for stereo` so I don`t hold out much hope. but does
> anyone know differently.
>
> I would love to see a stage presentation.
(snip)

 Pat,

That recording has been my favorite since it first came out in the early
60s.  The music, comedy timing & all is exquisite.  The voices are perfect.

The Music Circus, theater in the round in Sacramento, did a musical based on
the recording.  I did not see it.

As someone posted on DJML, the Vol. II is nowhere near as good -- It is a
shame to group it with the first one because it does not compare.

Best,

Bob (Let's Run it up the flag pole and see if anyone salutes.) Ringwald

.