[Dixielandjazz] Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 54, Issue 61

loerchen2 at aol.com loerchen2 at aol.com
Thu Jun 28 12:46:24 PDT 2007

I was at a jam session last year where the majority were playing Bill Bailey and two others played "Around the World in 80 Days."? It worked, but I hope I never have to do that again!

Sue

 From: Kent Murdick <kmurdick at jaguar1.usouthal.edu>
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] The most important 7 bars in Trad Jazz

This post never showed up so I'm trying again.

I'm probably not telling anyone on this list anything new, but here
goes.  One of the most important chord progressions in

\

\ polite snip....
\

 Here are are few tunes with this classic 7
bars. BTW, does this progression come up before Bill Bailey, say in
ragtime?  I'm sure it must. Classical music too.

Bill Bailey
Milenburg Joys
Tiger Rag
Some of these Days
Struttin With some BarBQ
Washington and Lee Swing
I Can't Give You anything But Love
Up a Lazy River
Let Me Call You Sweetheart (IV, bI7,  I, VIm7,II7, V7, I) nice!
Sister Kate
Bourbon Street Parade (this IS Bill Bailey)