[Dixielandjazz] Bill Baily, Around The World, Together

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Thu Jun 28 18:00:07 PDT 2007

Sue, loerchen2 at aol.com wrote:

> I was at a jam session last year where the majority were playing Bill
> Bailey and two others played "Around the World in 80 Days."? It worked,
> but I hope I never have to do that again!
  (snip)

Sue,

Many songs have the same chord structure.  In our young and foolish days, we
used to do those two at the same time, adding the chorus to Tiger Rag, "
Just One Of Those Songs" and some others that I can't remember.

It was kind of a showy tune.  But so many bands do it now that we stopped
many years ago.

--Bob Ringwald