[Dixielandjazz] Playing Where The Kids Are

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 23 18:01:15 PDT 2007

Here's the "Delaware On line" write up about the kind of gig that draws a
broad cross section of audience. This is a good old fashioned Street
Festival hosted by a church in downtown Wilmington Delaware. Many corporate
sponsors also helped out.

Second Church festival and the 5th Church gig we've booked this month. (Yes,
Larry, all were well paid gigs) VBG <very big grin>

Come on by if you are in the area. We start at 4:30 PM. This is a famous
multi-cultural (black & tan) church.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

Episcopalians holding festival

The Episcopal Church of Saints Andrew and Matthew is throwing a Downtown
Festival from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. June 30 in and around the church, which is
located at 719 N. Shipley St. in Wilmington.

There will be free rides for children and music by the Barbone Street Jazz
Band, Alex Tyree on bagpipes, the Delaware Valley Chorale's All American
Tribute Choir, Griots Wa Umoja (African Drum Ensemble) and the Rapid Fire
Barbershop Quartet.

Inside the church there will be line dancing, storytelling and church tours.
Food and drinks will be for sale.