[Dixielandjazz] Goodman Carnegie Hall and Mics

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Fri Jun 22 07:19:01 PDT 2007

Sorry to be so late with this but I have been very busy touring the Amish
country of Holmes County Ohio.

Sitting in the Columbus airport now, waiting for a flight to Raleigh, NC via
Baltimore.

Steve wrote:

(snip)
> OK, but Kodolin was the central figure in Ringwald's belief in the single
> Mike theory, because Bob had read those liner notes and believed them.
> Therefore "K" became central to the thread as a source.
(snip)]

I read those liner notes some 57 years ago and then heard that information
mentioned many times since then.

I do not necessarily believe everything that is in print.  This includes
everything that is posted on DJML.  That is why I asked Steve for his
sources.

I hope that someone can find a definitive source for the correct info
regarding the mic situation at Carnegie Hall for that 1938
BG concert.

 --Bob Ringwald K6YBV
916/806-9551
www.ringwald.com
--
Leader, The Fulton Street Jazz Band
www.fultonstreetjazz.com

"The bottom line of any country is, what did we contribute to the world?
We contributed Louis Armstrong." Tony Bennett  --