[Dixielandjazz] Joe Darensbourg

richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com
Fri Jun 22 08:59:28 PDT 2007

The clarinetist is Joe Darensbourg. He led his Dixie Flyer's band in the fifties and also played with the Kid Ory band.

The All-Stars recorded a show for the BBC in the sixties but I believed the tape has been wiped. I've seen a surviving snip of this broadcast and Armstrong's sound is recorded as well as the Berlin clip.

Thanks,

Richard Flecknell (must look at the mouthpiece as well).