[Dixielandjazz] Cab & "St James" (was The Re-Invented Preservation Hall Jazz Band)

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Fri Jun 22 16:04:47 PDT 2007

Thanks - I was beginning to think my "musical recall" skills were
somehow in doubt. (I am much better in visual/graphic recall - I can
usually remember an album cover after more than 20 years!)

  Cab milked that “hi-de-hi-de-hi-de-ho” trademark to the hilt...

"You Gotta Ho-De-Ho (To Get Along With Me)"
"Hi-De-Ho Man"
"Hi-De-Ho Romeo"
"Hi-De-Ho Serenade"
"Keep That Hi-De-Hi In Your Soul"
"The Hi-De-Ho Miracle Man"

The "Minnie the Moocher" series has at least 5 or 6 segments (adapted
from "Willie the Weeper")
St. James sort of fits in, but it is not a part of the series:
(maybe not in order)
"Minnie the Moocher"
"Kickin' The Gong Around"
"Minnie the Moocher's Wedding Day"
"Ghost of Smokey Joe"
"Minnie's a Hepcat Now"
"Mister Paganini - Swing for Minnie"
"We Go Well Together"
"Zah Zuh Zaz"

and other bands joined in with
"Jerry the Junker" (Clarence Williams)
"Minnie, My Mountain Moocher" (Ukulele Ike Edwards)
and
"Minnie the Moocher is Dead" (Jimmy Lunceford & the Dandridge Sisters)

(BTW, I remembered most of these without web searches ;-)
but I did just find this interesting recording:
  http://www.callowayhideho.com/podpress_trac/web/27/0/HDH060315c.mp3

Dave Richoux