[Dixielandjazz] Benny Goodman performed by 4BEAT6

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jun 19 20:01:45 PDT 2007

> For those of you who like the Benny Goodman sound, notice there is a
> new
> band in Europe - Holland, performing exactly the sound and music of the
> early Benny Goodman (& Lionel Hampton Charlie Christian) sextet.

> 4BEAT6 www.4beat6.com <http://www.4beat6.com/>

Dear Rob,
When I read your enthusiastic email I said quietly to myself "Not
another one. Why bother?"
But checked out the website anyway.
On their Home Page there is a musical link, presumably including some
of the concert performance you mention.
I didn't time the music, but it runs for well over 40 minutes.
What a fine swinging group!
Not a BG Sextet clone, as I had assumed.
Thank you for the introduction.
Kind regards,
Bill.