[Dixielandjazz] Clarinet Tuning

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Tue Jun 12 19:34:00 PDT 2007

For those into conspiracy plots I believe that Selmer deliberately set about
ruining the Buescher name by making horns that gradually got worse until
they only had the name.  By that time musicians had caught on and quit
buying them.  I think it was quite a fraud.  I think it would have made more
sense to have kept it as a parallel brand but Selmer wanted to have no other
gods before them.

I have never played on a 400 tenor.  The only one I ever heard was played by
a guy that unless he had a magic horn nothing could do him any good.
Larry
St. Louis