[Dixielandjazz] RE. Jazz for kids

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Tue Jun 12 19:23:04 PDT 2007

our
>> wonderful next-door neighbor (a primary school teacher) asked what
>> records she should play to her 2-year-old grand-daughter to introduce
>> her, subliminally, to good jazz.

I wouldn't say don't do it but I don't know if it would do any good unless
you can keep the kid away from other kids, TV and pop culture in general.

My grandson would ask to hear Grandpa's happy music and really liked it.  As
he grew older  everything else took over and now he listens to whatever....
Now he thinks what I listen to is terribly old fashioned.  He's right about
that but I would have liked to influence him some.

But who knows?  I now play and enjoy a lot of music that I walked right by
as a teen and young adult.
Larry
St. Louis