[Dixielandjazz] Jacques Gauthe

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jun 11 23:15:27 PDT 2007

I'm reminded of the Geo Buck CD of Jacques and his band doing a YBJB
"tribute", so to speak, with Bob Helm on both clarinet and alto sax.  Chris
Tyle, I believe, was one of the cornets, with, possibly, Duke Heitger on the
other.  (It's in my closet, so can't get to it with any quick ease.)  I just
know the duets between Jacques and Bob are to die for.  There was either no
drums or banjo, I can't recall.  One was missing, though; that I recall.

Vale Mr Gauthe.  Ye'll be missed, and God bless ye,
----
Etc,

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon, Vicar-general
North American Old Roman Catholic Church (Utrecht Succession)
Archdiocese of California
www.naorc.org

"Simplicity, when it is not a careless gift of the Muse, is the last and
most painful achievement of conscientious self-denial." - James Russell
Lowell.