[Dixielandjazz] King OLiver on Archeophone

dwlit at cpcug.org dwlit at cpcug.org
Sun Jul 29 21:42:26 PDT 2007

Brother Mike wrote:
> in my
> humble opinion, is not any better than his.  A great attempt which he
> would've applauded, but would've he necessarily have thought that those
> pathetic groves had yielded anything he hadn't gotten out of them already?

I haven't listened to any of the Archeophone tracks for purposes of
transcribing, but in my limited sampling, it seemed to me it separates the
2 cornets significantly better than previous work, which presumably would
make transcription, etc., easier.

And for sure, the several tracks I heard on a decent hi-fi system sounded
wonderful, to the extent that I'm seriously thinking of getting a good
system when I'm done my books...

--Sheik