[Dixielandjazz] Never thought I'd post a link like THIS

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Tue Jul 24 08:31:54 PDT 2007

I agree that both videos are wonderful and terrific.  How many  listmates
ever tried to even play a chanter--the beginning instrument for  bagpipes, let
alone jazz bagpipe?  My daughter-in-law gave me one a couple  of years ago.
Since I play bassoon, I thought it would be easy to  learn.  NOT.  Those dratted
little grace notes that go on continually  have no fingering resemblance to
the notes that follow them most of the  time.  So the chanter is back in its box
and I have new respect for  bagpipers!

What a joy to see the '84 clip of the Carling family also.
Ginny

In a message dated 7/22/2007 1:08:01 A.M. Central Daylight Time,