[Dixielandjazz] Bill Gunter

Don Ingle dingle at nomadinter.net
Sun Jul 22 13:26:07 PDT 2007

I might have known!
My dad (Red Ingle) was a died inthe wool cribbage player so I suspect
that Bill and Red, whose workls he often said he admired, are trading
15-2's, 15-4's already.
Had I but knonw. Jean and I -- also cribbage freaks, played a nons-top
four days in our snowed in Plae above Evergereen, Co in the late 50's,
two hqdned untila neighbor snowshoed in and we played three handed
cut-throat for a day and a half, sunning out of Scotch, wine, Beer and
most of the can goods in the cabine until they finally opened the road.
I;m sure Bill would have had a topper for that.
Well, he pegged out a little too early, but someday, ont he next cloud
to the left, I will challenge that fellow. For now, when cribbage is
mentioned, I will think...if only..!
Boy, this old trout fisherman will say we have lost a keeper.
But haven't we all.
Don Ingle