[Dixielandjazz] Bill Gunter

BettyLynch at aol.com BettyLynch at aol.com
Sat Jul 21 14:10:34 PDT 2007

We're a little late with this, but we too will miss this fine  gentleman.  We
met and talked with he and Bev at several festivals;;   the first time in the
early days of DJML, we introduced ourselves, every other  time they
remembered us, and made us feel like old friends.

The remainder is by Gene alone.

Bill's passing is particularly poignant to us, because my eightieth berth
day was July 1, just six days after his. It was a joyous weekend; all of our
kids and grandkids surprised me by visiting from afar.  On July 2, after
swimming with the grandkids, I fell ill, and was taken to the ICU with a heart
attack.  Subsequently, I had two sessions of arrhythmia, and they gave me
electric shocks and pounded on my chest, and brought me back.  I am now  back home
with a fancy pacemaker installed, complete with defibrillator.

The question arises, why me?

I can't entertain hundreds or thousands, I can't write informative articles
for the American Rag, and I have no musical talent.

He was a better man by far.

Gene

of

Gene &  Betty Lynch