[Dixielandjazz] -- Morton's "Jungle Blues" -- was: Beginner sit ins

Craig I. Johnson civanj at roadrunner.com
Tue Jul 10 10:47:15 PDT 2007

Interesting coincidence:I was just reviewing a lead sheet for Jelly Roll's
"Jungle Blues"
that I had copied from a large commercial fake book. It had only one chord
throughout
the tune in Eb and that was the tonic chord. Is that really correct? I could
swear there
were more (but very few) chords than that when I listen to it.
(Besides that I have the fake sheet for (supposedly) Morton's "Jungle Blues"
from the
Chas. Anderson fake book and it appears to be totally different from that
lead sheet
and from the records of Morton, Goodman and Ted Lewis of the tune I know.

Regards,
Craig Johnson