[Dixielandjazz] Hungarian Bands

Tamas Ittzes bohem at fibermail.hu
Mon Jul 9 22:20:21 PDT 2007

Hi Hank and all,

Both the Benko Dixieland Band and the Hot Jazz Band plays on Wednesdays
in their clubs. The Benko Club is in Torok Pal utca (8 pm), the HJB
performs in the club Alcatraz (9 pm) that is just off the Rakoczi ut,
one of the major streets in Budapest. You can get information about
those in any hotel, I think. However, I doubt that the clubs are open
and run in the summertime though. We will be playing here and there with
the Bohem Ragtime Jazz Band but not in Budapest (we live in Kecskemét
and do not have a regular place in Budapest).
You can check the Cotton Club of Budapest - I've never been there, it is
surely expensive, sometimes the Budapest Ragtime Band plays there.

Check the websites:
Benkó Dixieland Band - www.benko-dixie.hu
Bohém Ragtime Jazz Band - www.bohemragtime.com
Budapest Ragtime Band - www.brb.hu
Hot Jazz Band - www.hotjazzband.hu
Jazz Steps - www.jazzsteps.hu

All the best,

Tamás
Tamas ITTZES
violin teacher, ragtime pianist, festival organizer
Bohem Ragtime Jazz Band
Kecskemet Jazz Foundation
Mailing address: H-6001 KECSKEMET, Pf. 652., Hungary
Phone: +36(20)82-447-82
E-mails: tamas at bohemragtime.com, bohem at fibermail.hu
Web site: http://www.bohemragtime.com