[Dixielandjazz] Floyd Levin RIP

Janie McCue Lynch janie39 at socal.rr.com
Tue Jan 30 13:48:46 PST 2007

Floyd was not only a marvelous jazz historian but a most elegant and courtly
gentleman.

We had the good fortune to sit next to him for many sets at the Orange
County Classic Jazz Festival over the past few years---his quiet insights
were always appreciated. After the first conversation we had, he always
greeted me as though he had known me for a long time.

I remember him taking breakfast to Lucille in the AMs up on the seventh
floor....."My bride likes room service!"

Just one of those people who spread their knowledge and warmth to all.

I will remember him most fondly and with a smile.

Jane Lynch

Janie

janie39 at socal.rr.com