[Dixielandjazz] Phil Zito

Bob Loomis miltloomis at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 16 08:37:15 PST 2007

Bill Haesler wrote:
"Herewith the details of the Phil Zito sides you
are looking for ... (snip)"

   Funny, just last night I was reading the
opening chapter of Charlie Suhor's Jazz in New
Orleans - The Postwar Years Through 1970." He
mentions buying a "mix-and-match drum set" as a
young student from Phil Zito and mentions
parenthetically that Zito was "a true eccentric,
I later learned." I haven't gotten to the place
in the book where he explains this, but perhaps
he will chime in here with further details.

Bob Loomis
Concord CA