[Dixielandjazz] movie music

Ron L lherault at bu.edu
Tue Jan 16 06:47:22 PST 2007

How about Laura
Green Dolphin Street
76 Trombones/Good Night My Someone

Ron L

-----Original Message-----
From: dixielandjazz-bounces at ml.islandnet.com
[mailto:dixielandjazz-bounces at ml.islandnet.com] On Behalf Of Jim Kashishian
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2007 6:01 AM
To: dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] movie music

Ok, we've been contracted to play a concert which is made up solely of music
from films.....as in "can you play a complete concert of only film music?
(me) Of course!  (then, what have I got myself into here?)"    :>
Fortunately, they want it to be music from older films, mainly, so we don't
have to try to do Star Wars or something.  I prefer to play tunes we
normally do, rather than try a bunch of new tunes at a concert.

Of the tunes we already do, I've made up a list I know are from movies, but
could use some more suggestions.  And, if anyone knows which movies the
songs in my little list come from (& any history, or who starred), that
would be great to know.

Thanks, in advance.  Jim

As Time Goes By (Casablanca)
Cabaret (Cabaret)
Flintstones (name of their full length film?)
Glenn Miller Medley...that we do (Glenn Miller Story)
Hello Dolly (Hello Dolly)
Moonglow (Picnic...Kim Novak)
On The Street Where You Live (My Fair Lady)
Summertime (Porgy & Bess)
Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Once that I have doubts about:

It's Only a Paper Moon
Mack the Knife
Honeysuckle Rose
The Man I Love
Tuxedo Junction

Anybody got a chart for the Pink Panther?