[Dixielandjazz] Porte ñ a Jazz Band (was Please don't Misunderstand)

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 16 07:45:53 PST 2007

Dear Bill

Are you kidding?

Just what the hell is wrong with cartoon music? I did not say cartoon music
was bad. It is simply, in large measure, what those bands you describe play,
and it attracted several generations of old codgers like us.

Note also the last sentences of your post. I specifically said "in the USA'
because I was aware that European/Asian/Oz audience might actually like
cartoon music. And no doubt they might be huge Paul Whiteman fans, as say
opposed to Duke Ellington. So how can those audiences disagree with what I
said? "In the USA". (which you even emphasized)

What's past is prologue. That's what the music is about. And what's past is
cartoon music.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone