[Dixielandjazz] Which Shakeys?

Don Robertson jdrobertson at att.net
Fri Jan 12 10:57:29 PST 2007

Thanks for the kind words Mike.  The sop sax player was John Smith, who
has recorded with several of Hal Smith's bands (apparently no
relation).  John was apparently a  prodigy  of George Probert  as he was
featured  along with Tom Kubis as a guest on one of the last Firehouse
Five recordings.  The three of them played High Society.

Don Robertson
Napa, CA