[Dixielandjazz] maybe not exactly OKOM, but lots of tubas (and other brass) on the radio today! (jan 12, 2007)

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Fri Jan 12 10:35:29 PST 2007

(probably also on other public radio stations - check your local
listings, as they say...)
This is one of MKOM favorite styles - modern "Balkan Brass" jazz.

Dave Richoux

http://www.wnyc.org/shows/soundcheck/episodes/2007/01/12

2PM EST today, but I bet there will be archives
A Blast from the Brass

Friday, January 12, 2007

Brass bands have been a fixture of military bands around the world
for centuries but in just the past decade they been spicing up New
York's music scene. There's traditional New Orleans-style and funky
Eastern European. Today, we hear the story of this surprisingly
diverse genre from brass expert Frank London, and we get a live
performance by the funky Balkan group Slavic Soul Party.