[Dixielandjazz] Quotes in messages

EDWIN COLTRIN boreda at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 9 14:30:46 PST 2007

I don't know about Macs but I wonder if it has to do with the conversion in the ASCII system.

  In ASCII, which is used in the DOS system, that I think is still part of MS, the quote mark is :00100010, and Cap A is 01000001, lower case is 01100001, orher values for decimal. Perhaps Jobs wanted to confuse MS users.

  Just a thought .

  Binary alphabet or ASCII  alphabet. ?

  Another thought in the music vein

  Listening to a CD from Legacy Recordings, In the tune WISTDS, Louis in 1931, vocal  exchange with a member of the band, refers to Louis as "Dipper" , could this have been in reference to "Dipper mouth Blues"   ?

  Just another thought

  Slainte

  Ye Olde Mouldy Fygge

  Ed Coltrin