[Dixielandjazz] Anachronic Jazz Band

Kay Spencer kay2840 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 7 13:12:10 PST 2007

David,  actually the cd notes are in both languages.  I think pg 22 or 23 explains it in English.   They did deliberately set out to take what was bop and convert it to moldy fig.  Fortunately I'm on broadband so I was able to download it and burn a couple of CD's.

  Thanks Gary!

  Kay in Gilroy

David Dustin <postmaster at fountainsquareramblers.org> wrote:
  On dial-up here but I took a partial look at a couple of the images and saw
they were in French. The song titles appeared to be from the Bop era, with
a few exceptions, which I thought was interesting if this band puts/put a
³trad² spin on them. (I don¹t know as they take too long to download.)
Would this be the group that the artist R. Crumb (of Haight-Ashbury fame) is
in today? I just remember that 40 years after the summer of love he¹s into
early jazz performance and lives in France.

David Dustin