[Dixielandjazz] Off-Topic, Flyover Country News

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Fri Jan 5 12:49:43 PST 2007

I haven't seen much national media attention focused on info such as in the
below personal note from a friend who just made the drive on THE major
interstate from St. Louis to Denver--most of the content below about  Kansas.
Ginny

What floored my on the drive (during which I encountered not one  tumble
weed) was the destruction in Kansas. I knew they got hit but had  been
hearing more about Denver. I saw on the news in KS open-bed trucks  full
of dead cattle. i had no idea it was so bad. This one rancher lost  500
head. They are doing what CO is doing and dropping hay to the  ranches
to prevent further starvation of the cattle but still have no way  to
get water to them.
Around mile marker 90 on I-70 I saw beautiful iced  fences and trees and
hundreds of downed trees and even metal power line  towers. hundreds
more evergreens were crushed on their north side so who  knows if they
will bounce back or not. They were also talking on the news  about
thousands of folks not only without power but water too as the  water
plants have no electricity to run on. What a mess.
 (mailto:wayne_haymes at sbcglobal.net)