[Dixielandjazz] Tommy Loy

Bob Romans cellblk7 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 13 09:29:15 PST 2007

This just came over the TPIN (That's "Trumpet Player's International Network")
I thought some of you who knew Tommy might not have heard this story...it sounds like Tommy's sense of humor!

Ahh... reminds me of a fond memory told of former TPIN listmate, Tommy
Loy...

It seems that in Tommy's younger days, he and his band would often play
while jumping on tables, piano's, etc... Once, the band was hired for a
private party at a very nice, expensive home... While playing, Tommy got a
little carried away and reportedly jumped on the dining room table, which
promptly broke into two pieces.  Without missing a beat, Tommy jumped up and
yelled, "Let's get out of here before someone notices!"  ;^)

One of many nice memories....

Regards,
Fred

> Always fun to shake up the audience by doing something out of the
> ordinary.
> Like jumping on a table during a solo, or dragging some sweet thang onto
> the
> stage.
>
> Ah,  the good old days!!

Warmest regards,