[Dixielandjazz] Good things happen to good people

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 8 07:10:40 PST 2007

Got a note from my little pal Jonathan Russell today.

As posted a few days ago, Jonathan Russell played with Bucky Pizzarelli the
first time at the Wilmington NC jazz party a week or two ago.

Got a note from my little pal Jonathan Russell today.

Seems Bucky Pizzarelli just called his Mom asking if Jonathan could come out
and play (again). This time for NJ JAZZ Series in Bridgewater on June 2.
Probably a trio. Bucky, Jonathan and hopefully Jerry Bruno on Bass. Now if
that ain't Big Time, what is?

Guess old Bucky (81) is as impressed with "J" as Less Paul (91) is. Break a
leg "J" (11 now but 12 in June).

Cheers,
Steve Barbone