[Dixielandjazz] New Orleans Help

Craig I. Johnson civanj at roadrunner.com
Sat Feb 3 11:55:24 PST 2007

Louis,
I just caught a video of the Savannah Jazz Band on Youtube.
(By the way a lot of the stuff I heard 2 days ago of the old famous
guys is gone now. Damn big corporations won't put it out themselves
but they sure won't let anyone else do it either. That's where a lot of
good old stuff has disappeared.

But I digress.....
I heard a song on there "Baby I Don't Mean Maybe" by "Savannah JB"
Sounded great.

Looked for a chart and don't have it. (I swear I've heard tht
tune somewhere else and maybe by another name.)
Anyway, I can pull the melody off quite easily, but I play
chords by ear not by name,so I'd have  to spend inordinate
time playing arpeggios to write a lead sheet. I see you play in
that group. Do you have the chords to that and any other name
that it is known by?

Thanks,
Craig Johnson
Cornet, The Maine Street Paraders.