[Dixielandjazz] MAKE YOUR CHILDREN ENJOY JAZZ - INSTEAD OF FOOTBALL

Janie McCue Lynch janie39 at socal.rr.com
Thu Feb 1 21:03:36 PST 2007

Steve wrote, regarding a clip sent to him by Tom:

What a great idea!!! "Make your children enjoy jazz - instead of football."

How do we do that, with a whip? Or by dragging them somewhere they may not

Want to be? What genius thought up that idea?

Me? I'm watching the super bowl. I've got the rest of the year to enjoy

Jazz.   Cheers,  Steve Barbone

----Steve,  Kevin and I have had season tickets to the USC Trojan games for
about 25 years.  And even though I try to hush when we are surrounded by our
truly rabid football pals, all wonderful folks, the BAND (and of course the
magnificent Traveler galloping on the sidelines!) is the highlight of my
days at the L.A. Coliseum.  And I sure hope those kids enjoy playing in that
marvelous marching band!

Of course this is not an improvisational event....but I have always thought
how much I would prefer MY child to be playing in the band to playing on the
football field.  I know there is  a place for both....and lord knows the
football players who make it to the pros will out-earn the musicians.....but
my love is always for the musicians.

Thanks to Tom for the clip on the San Jose Youth Orchestra!

And yes, we WILL be watching the Super Bowl and having a great time with
friends.....(Even though the Saints won't be Marching In!)

Janie

janie39 at socal.rr.com