[Dixielandjazz] MAKE YOUR CHILDREN ENJOY JAZZ - INSTEAD OF FOOTBALL

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 1 20:38:13 PST 2007

Tom Wiggins sent me the below clip from the San Jose Newspaper, off list.
Please forgive me for posting it Tom.

What a great idea!!! "Make your children enjoy jazz - instead of football."
How do we do that, with a whip? Or by dragging them somewhere they may not
want to be? What genius thought up that idea?

Me? I'm watching the super bowl. I've got the rest of the year to enjoy
jazz.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

----start clip

Make Your Children Enjoy Jazz -Instead of Football!
A SPECIAL FAMILY FRIENDLY CONCERT, this Sunday, at the Improv.  3 to 5 PM.

As part of our ongoing 19th Sunday Jazz Series, the San Jose Jazz Youth
Orchestra, will be performing this Sunday at the Improv downtown San Jose.

This is THE FAMILY FRIENDLY CONCERT of the Series. Children under 12
years-old are admitted for free. Student tickets are $15.

The San Jose Youth Orchestra is an advanced jazz ensemble comprised of 23 of
the Bay Area's most talented young jazz musicians. The Orchestra is directed
by Dave Gregoric, currently Director of Jazz Studies at Valley Christian
Schools. As a professional trombonist he has recorded with Pete Escovedo,
Cab Calloway, Della Reese, Smith Dobson , San Jose Jazz Orchestra and
others. As an educator, he has taught at the Stanford Jazz workshop, the
Monterey Jazz Summer Camp and the San Jose Jazz Goes to College summer camp.

See you at the Improv!

---end clip