[Dixielandjazz] [ List Policemen and trying to get ourselves noticed!

Judy Eames jude at judyeames.co.uk
Mon Dec 31 12:02:30 PST 2007

Steve (and everybody,)

I wasn't going to say a word but you do have a tendency to repeat yourself
over the years and if nobody supports Jim (or only does so off list), this
tedious spat could run and run... it's probably the good malt or the red
wine or whatever: that makes you garrulous late at night-)

I think you assume that because we don't recount all our adventures, we're
not having any:-)  You do sometimes seem to be telling us off for lack of
initiative ...can't quote chapter and verse but I do remember writing to you
before off list on the subject  and having a very courteous  reply.

So here's my next project designed to take the music to the non-jazz public:

On Wed Feb 6th we're celebrating Mardi Gras in our local pub. I know it
should be Tuesday but everybody's busy and Wed is the landlady's birthday!
We're going to raise some money for Brad Pitt's New Orleans Project
www.makeitrightnola.org .  Lots of people in our area were flooded in late
July, most people are now back in their homes or in locally rented
accommodation so there's sympathy for the people who are in effect exiled
from their homes.  We hope to kill three birds with one stone: the landlady
is new and doing a great job so we want to bring in new business,  we'll
expose new ears to jazz and make a  contribution however small to the fund.
(note to wages police, if we support a village charity event, Tony and I
waive our fee but always make sure that visiting musicians are paid)

Meanwhile we're off on the Jazz sea cruise this week.

Happy new Year.

Jude

Judy Eames
Kaminsky Connection