[Dixielandjazz] List Policemen etc.

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 31 10:17:30 PST 2007

"James O'Briant" <jobriant at garlic.com>

> The issue here isn't whether many list subscribers disagree with what Steve
> says, it's whether many list subscribers are getting sick and tired of Steve
> reciting the same litany, day after day and week after week and month after
> month and year after year.
>
> Personally, I agree with much of what Steve says about promoting and
> marketing OKOM.  But I'm sick to death of being told several hundred times
> that everyone else in the world -- including me -- is doing it wrong, and if
> I want "success" (whatever Steve's definition of "success" might be), then I
> have to pull my head out of the sand (or out of someplace else) and do what
> Steve says to do.
>
> Those messages were interesting the first couple of times I read them.  But
> now, I open Barbone messages with trepidation:  Will this be an interesting
> and succinct comment or reply, or will it just be another "look at me, I
> know how to do this right, and the rest of you are lazy losers" message?
> That isn't the message that Steve intends to send, I'm sure, but that is
> certainly the effect of his never-ending barrage.
>
> I'm one of the many who has read the message, taken the content to heart,
> and doesn't need to be flogged with the same whip over and over again.

Dear Jim O'B and others:

I am not aware of my flogging you or others in posts this year, or reciting
the same litany year after year. I would be grateful if you would give me
some concrete examples of telling other people on the list that they are
doing it wrong, or that you have your head in the sand, or somewhere else in
posts over the past year. That is, as you say, NOT my intention.

I do, however, post about some gigs that Barbone Street does. Just like many
others on the list do about their gigs. And I post about OKOM gigs in NYC
and positive reviews of folks like Evan Christopher Is that somehow wrong?

Glad that you have taken the message to heart, but not sure what you mean
about flogging with a whip and would be grateful if you would write me off
list and give me some recent examples that fit your description above.

Happy New Year everyone. May it bring you everything you desire.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone