[Dixielandjazz] Tributes and Re-Creations

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 30 09:07:30 PST 2007

Before we condemn re-creations and/or tributes that are close to
re-creations, we might consider that there are at least 3 GREAT bands that
perform in this manner.

1) Vince Giordano & The Nighthawks (uses original scores)

2) The Midiri Brothers  (uses original scores)

3) Ed Metz and The Bob Cats (mostly adapted arrangements by Ed Metz)

Anyone not familiar with the music to these 3 bands should give them a
listen, either at festivals, on records, or at clubs/restaurants.

As an aside, Jon Erik Kellso is getting married in a few months. The wedding
band? The Nighthawks.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone