[Dixielandjazz] I miss whoever that was

JDut953944 at aol.com JDut953944 at aol.com
Sun Dec 23 12:40:09 PST 2007

I'm getting $60 each for a five piece band.  We play for one hour or  an hour
and a half.  These gigs are at retirement homes.  I am using  the five pieces
for Mardi Gras.  New Years Eve I am using a trio and we are  getting $100
each for about an hour and a half complete with a 15 minute break  and food.  I
shouldn't complain should I.  But what Mr. Wiggens said  has lingered in my
mind and I keep thinking, HOW DID HE DO THAT?  I know  what he says is true, just
wondering HOW he gets astronomical rates.  Yes I  did read all the
information about getting gigs and in fact am going to print it  all out to keep and
refer to.  We are located in East Bay.  But I  believe that he  (Mr. Wiggens) has
been on the scene for a long time, knows  a lot of people, and my band is
fairly new.

Thanks.  Carol, Clarinet