[Dixielandjazz] Unusual radio receivers (was: Xtal set - Why?)

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Thu Dec 20 09:49:15 PST 2007

There was a scam that went around for awhile and that was free energy from
the air.  The device was basically a crystal set and the salesman told the
farmers that they could get all the electricity they needed out of the air
with a larger model.

A large induction coil close to power lines could theoretically produce some
useful power but I'm sure the coil would have to be huge.  I'm pretty sure
it's a case of urban myth that some guy was supposed to have tried it and
was prosecuted for theft of services.

Anybody want to buy a huge crystal set?
Larry
StL