[Dixielandjazz] Lincoln Center -- Black Jazzers

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Fri Dec 7 22:50:03 PST 2007

Steve Barbone wrote:

(snip)
> Both programs include some great jazz musicians who swing their butts off
> and should put to rest the idea that black jazzers today don't play OKOM.
(snip)

Funny thing is, they do in New Orleans.  But seems as if pretty much nowhere
else.

We would welcome any blacks, or for that matter, anyone of any race, if they
played OKOM.  In our local Jazz Society, we had one black bass player who
since has passed away.  I don't think out of maybe 150 active musicians in
the club, that we have any.  Too bad...

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
530/642-9551
916/806-9551 Cell
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band

"I can resist everything except temptation."  --Oscar Wilde, 1854 - 1900