[Dixielandjazz] Kids & OKOM

Jtnt at aol.com Jtnt at aol.com
Fri Aug 31 05:20:07 PDT 2007

larry Swain wrote:

<<And the younger folks at the recwption let me know they really  enjoyed the
stuff I was doing --
a reaction I often get, and a clear  reflection of the fact that these kids
rarely are exposed to
OKOM, but, when  they are, usually have a ball.>>

True!

At my daughter's wedding reception, mid-70's,  Bob Gilbertson's River  Boat
Ramblers was the band. In red/white striped vests, no less.  When the  dance
floor opened, after the wedding dances, Bob said the evening would sorta  go
like this: A couple R&R tunes for the young folks, a couple big band  tunes for
the old folks, and a dixieland tune for Jack & Nan, and so  on.

Well, the kids all said it was the best wedding reception ever, mainly
because of the variety, and especially the way the dixieland livened things  up.

Jack Thomas