[Dixielandjazz] another email crash

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Aug 27 23:29:19 PDT 2007

Dear friends,
More bad luck with my email.
Sometime last night my account connection to my ISP (BigPond)
disconnected itself.
When I managed to get back on again today, I found that I had (once
again) lost all my stored emails!!!
Unfortunately, this time, not 'locked away' on the hard drive somewhere
as happened earlier this year.
This lot gone have forever, or so the BP tech advised me.
Not backed up either, as I have yet to buy that external backup hard
disc.
Wot a silly Billy!
Although this loss is not as serious as the last one, I do have some
DJML queries I hadn't answered, including:
One to Larry (which was almost finished) regarding his query about the
evolution of the sax solos for Glenn Miller's "In The Mood".
The other was the answer to the email from Dave Richoux regarding the
bass cano, which included my much earlier email comment from several
years back.
There may be others I have forgotten about at the moment.
Please re-forward these (and other relevant) emails so that I can pick
up the threads again.
Down, but not out.
Kind regards,
Bill.