[Dixielandjazz] It's a lonely old town...and quiet today

Judy Eames jude at judyeames.co.uk
Mon Aug 20 03:32:33 PDT 2007

Don Ingle is feeling lonely.... he's in the wrong country:-)   A lot of us
are getting ready for Bude Jazz Festival UK.  Jeff and Anne Barnhart stayed
with us for three days on their pre Bude tour and did two gigs locally.
They played in our village to rapturous applause and there's a strong chance
they'll be back in May playing at a  prestigious venue.  As a reult of their
wonderful playing, 10 people at the gig who were a bit suspicious of jazz (I
know Ivory and Gold aren't JUST jazz of course) have booked to see the Bohem
Jazz Band in Witney Oxfordshire  next week

These two didn't just play the gigs BTW, they also helped us shift furniture
so that the carpet people could make one of our flood damaged rooms
habitable for the Bohems who arrive tomorrow.  We really know how to treat
our stars over here:-)

Have a look at www.budejazzfestival.co.uk to see what most of you are
missing and if you're coming maybe there'll be enough of us  for a face to
face.

Jude

Judy Eames
Kaminsky Connection