[Dixielandjazz] Pipes and Pipers

EDWIN COLTRIN boreda at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 13 19:17:38 PDT 2007

As Don can attest, the pipes are eiher in or not in your blood.

  At the end of W II, while waiting to  return to the Us, I had a two week excursion to GB included most of Scotland.,After spending most of the evening in Sir Harry  Lauders, I ventured out into Glasgow and heard a pipe about a block away, cold never catch him, but the sound was primeval,stirring some early gene up tothe surface

  Several yeas ago in Honolulu, while crossng underground parking garage, the skirl of the pipeswas on the air, below in the parking garage the local pipers were practicing, tis a shame that there was no other place to practice, the concrete walls didn't do the sound any good.

  Slainte

  YE old MOULDY FYGG

  Ed (Blue bells of Scotland) Coltrin