[Dixielandjazz] Pipes and Pipers

Don Ingle dingle at nomadinter.net
Tue Aug 14 10:48:26 PDT 2007

The music for both pipes and drums are well-learned, so when there are
occational massed pipe and rums bands at large festivals of Scots, they
play withe an amazing matched precision. When the bass drummers swirl
their beaters they are  synchronized in exactmotion. Pipers plays the
same preciise way, with the snap and grace notes all the same as if one
instrument. Would some big bands do as well.
Slainte m-hath,
Don "Skye Boat Song" Ingle