[Dixielandjazz] Bagpipes -- My Experience

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Mon Aug 13 17:05:20 PDT 2007

Most men who wear kilts (at least the Scottish Traditionalists,
anyway)  will not take too kindly to the word "costume" in
association with their Kilt and other clothing and accessories that
are the "traditional garb."  Uniforms, yes  (if Military, Police or
other such band,) "Full Kit,"  Formal Garments, terms like that are OK.

(a search on [ kilt not costume ] turns up a lot of discussion on
this. ) It is much more stringent than the "Straws & Stripes" kind of
thing that pops up on this list!

I have "jammed" with bagpipers at the end of many a parade - they
seems to work well with brass instruments.

Dave Richoux (1/4 Scottish ancestry, more or less ;-)