[Dixielandjazz] Tom's different  World

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Mon Aug 6 21:58:40 PDT 2007

Bill me mate:

SO Beat Me ! violate  me 1 make me write BAD CHECKS !

Yep we is all whores,  and once we set a price everybody knows it, it is no longer a matter of whether or not we are whores it is simply a matter of price.

Now once you label yourself as a $20.00 or  $40.00 or even a high paid $60.00  musical whore, you will always be known by the PIMPS AND JOHNS AS A WHORE.

Now don't get me wrong everybody likes a good whore and folks from the White house on down utilize the services of them, they just don't want there best friends or wives  to know about it.

The problem comes about when the word gets out that you are a Cheap Whore, then nobody ever wants to pay you more than what they know you worked for in the past.

I like the approach of Find a need and fill it and charge accordingly.  Always work for a client who needs Your services more than you need to service them and you can then demand appropriate pay for your services no matter how sleazy they may be :))

And those words of hard learned wisdom came from me not Barbone, but who I am certain will chime in when he surfaces.

My theory is why would I service a wino when I could service the Vintner for a lot more money.

And no I do not over pay my players, I pay them what they are worth every time, and never have to discuss how much money the gig pays, because they know I will always book good gigs and pay them adequately, often more than adequately.

I know where you live, and you are not 3 hours from where most of my gigs are,   ha ha ha , so your math does not work well to hire you. :))  even with the gas allowance, I would be over paying you all the time :))

Cheers,

and keep the S**t stirring .

Damn I miss Bill Gunter, he was so much better at this stuff. :))