[Dixielandjazz] Tom's different  World

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Mon Aug 6 22:09:57 PDT 2007

 Knowing how much you make per gig, as you described it,  you must drive one hell of a big
fancy new car and live with a view on top of a hill with a maid and
butler.

Not quite right Bill:   I am frugal in the correct areas, I do not drive a big fancy new car at all, I actually have a 1987 Ford Taurus station wagon with 84,000 original miles on it for a band mobile, and a 1994 Mazda 4X4 PICKUP TRUCK, AND A 1999 DODGE RAM 1500 PICKUP.

I f I ever really need to impress someone I can rent a Rolls for a day and take it back.

Now yes I do live in a Big old house with a great view, but that's because I shopped hard for a good deal and found one , and all my wealthy neighbors are still trying to figure out how a sometimes working musicians can afford to live next door to them :))

Well I just smile and tell them that they should have taken more interest in music when they were in School as it makes better math students.  :))   They of course have no clue what the Hell I am talking about, but keep brining their yuppie guitar playing kids over to try and get me interested in helping them get rich and famous. :))

All I really want from them is to invite me over to swim so I can Pee in their Pool. :))

Good paid gigs are all around us yo just gotta go EXPOSE YOURSELF TO THEM daily, ya win some and ya lose some, Turn on your TV TO THE NEWS ON WED. NIGHT I'll be waving to ya from one I got a call for Today.  :))

Cheers,

Tom