[Dixielandjazz] High Society Solo Harmonized

Don Ingle dingle at nomadinter.net
Sat Aug 4 20:34:00 PDT 2007

That reminded me of this:
I  was talking with Matty Matlock one time (he would have been 100 this
year ) and he told me a story about a time when an excited fan came up
to get his autograph and was gushng over his playing. The fan then
said..." I especially liked your solo on South Rampart Street Parade."
Matty smiled that sweet grin of his and softly said to the young man,
"thank you, but in fact that was MR. Eddie Miller playing that."
I was studying a little arranging with him at the same time Jerry Fuller
was taking clarinet lessons, and we would meet in the living room of
Matty's home on Simpson Street in No. Hollywood when Jerry was coming
out and before I went in. Lura, Matty's sweet wife, used to have cookies
and soft drinks on hand for us and she referred to us as "Matty's other
boys." I miss them both, and Uncle Eddie, too. Class without  ego or
pretense, and wraped in talent to spare.
Don Ingle