[Dixielandjazz] Re. Musicians as guests

Nancy Giffin NANCYink at surewest.net
Mon Apr 30 13:37:19 PDT 2007

Bob Ringwald¹s original comment was:
< ... When I need a plumber, I do not call my daughter. And I do not offer
the plumber dinner...>

My interpretation is that when Bob was hires someone to do a job, then that
person should do their job for the specified pay, without expecting any
special freebies.

Well, I am glad that several list mates actually WOULD offer the plumber
dinner, but let¹s also realize that the plumber gets paid more money than
the average musician, especially on the weekends when the poor plumber might
have to miss a special function or wedding where, Gawd forbid, some
musicians might have to be working on THEIR weekend, missing THEIR special
functions with family, at the ordinary pay-scale (no time-and-a-half for
weekend work).